Sunday, September 7, 2008

My project

So yesterday I began my project. I don't remember how many hours I put into it, but it was all worth it. I'm talking about those hideous kitchen chairs! They were light colored when we first bought them and have turned grayish-black. I thought those design shows made it look easy. Well it was in away, but it was a lot of chairs and time consuming.First, I removed the cushion by unscrewing the 4 screws. Second, I cut out the fabric and vinyl (vinyl this time so they don't turn black) about 3 inches larger on all sides. Then I carefully removed some of the staples from the black cover underneath the cushion. Next I wrapped the fabric around the top and stapled underneath a little to hold it and then added the vinyl and added more staples to secure all layers. Then I put the black cover back on to give it a nice finish, using a few more staples. Finally, I positioned the seat back onto the chair and screwed the screws back on. Tuh-duh! My new and improved kitchen dining chairs!!! Six new chairs under $10 (vinyl less then $7, and fabric was free.)!

3 comments:

The Whetstone Family said...

Wow--they look great! I love getting a whole new look for such a bargain!

Pam said...

The chairs look great! I like the fabric...good job!

Unknown said...

Oh Kristal! You always amaze me. You inspired me to recover mine. I've had some fabric for years and just keep putting it off. We'll see when it gets done......

Great Job! I love the chairs, they're better than when they were new!!So much talent!!!