Sunday, October 19, 2008

She's Like the Wind!

Well yesterday Cory taught Megan how to ride her bike!
Here's how Megan started out. She was a little nervous but well protected with her new helmet, knee and elbow pads on.
Soon she began to get the hang of it, and started learning how to balance.

It amazes me how fast she caught on to riding without training wheels. Poor Cory sure got a work out chasing after, he had to help her keep from crashing into parked cars. She didn't learn to turn and stop until they practiced today. Now all she's got to do is learn to start off by herself. She was very eager to practice today. I think Jonny wants to learn next.
I didn't get any pictures or videos from today, but hopefully I can tomorrow when she practices again.

2 comments:

Pam said...

Wow! Great job Megan. It is so funny that she was learning to ride her bike. Yesterday when Mike and I were going to Home Depo for some strange reason I was thinking "I wonder when they will teach Megan to ride a bike"! I was thinking how much harder to let kids ride their bikes in the street. When we were little we rode our bikes all over the streets around our house. When our kids were little they were able to ride around the court but we wouldn't really let them ride any farther. Now you can't let the kids ride on the street without constant supervision. I was thinking that a lot of kids probably don't learn to ride a bike til the are older and the parents feel safer. Anyway that was ironic I was thinking about it at the same time Megan was out learning to ride!! Awesome Megan you look so professionl with all the bike gear. You will have to come and ride your bike with Grandpa!

The Whetstone Family said...

Wow--great job, Megan!