So tonight we watched The Spiderwick Chronicles movie. The kids and I had read the books a few months ago and were very excited to watch it. From the opening credits, Ethan was scared. All it had was a little music and it was kinda darker screen, yet he was already saying "uh cary" which translates to... Scary! Megan was very scared at one point, even though we had read the books. I guess the movie was a lot more intense and it did add a bunch of other stuff than the book had. Jonny was pretty cool throughout the movie, except when it came to big bad Mulgrath. He's the super bad creature in this tale. It's so funny cause they hardly make a peep when Cory showed them some pieces of Lord of the Rings, such as the Orcs!Anyway... as they had a quiet story read to them just before bed, Cory snuck into the boy's room and hid under Jonny's bed with a blanket over him. Jonny and Ethan were sent to bed, and Adam was already snuggled into his bed. I hear from the hallway, screams! Cory, the stinker, had stuck his hand out from under the bed, with the blanket covering him, and grabbed Jonny while saying in a deep growly
voice, "Muuulgrath"!!! Jonny screamed and Ethan wouldn't stop even when Cory took the blanket off of himself and showed him that it was only Daddy. Of course he tried to do a similar thing with Megan. He crawled into her room with the blanket on himself and growled "Mulgrath" and Megan said, "I know it's you Daddy!" Can't fool that girl! Well it was a fun night, let's just hope we don't have any kids with nightmares tonight!
2 comments:
Fun! I wonder why it is so fun to be scared! Have a fun Labor Day!...not a scary one!
Yikes, that mulgrath does look scary! We need to see that movie!
Post a Comment