When I go to water my garden, I first check for any food that needs to be collected and then I water my garden. Well after I picked a few tomatoes I bent down to pick up the hose. And then I saw it... the most enormous zucchini I have ever seen. Somehow this one had escaped my eye, laying low against the fence and has been growing for some time. Big Bertha (the name I decided to call my freaky zucchini) is 24 inches long and at the widest part, 14 1/2 inches around! It's bigger than a new born baby!! In fact this zucchini is bigger than Jonathan when he was born!! According to the Wii balance board, Bertha weighs close to 10 pounds!!
Bertha is born!
Bertha is born!While I was watering I noticed a big black widow crawl up the side of the house to get away from my watering! Yuck I hate black widow spiders! I think I'm gonna have to wear gloves when picking veggies from my garden (by the way I know tomatoes and zucchinis are fruits).

2 comments:
Ahhhhh! That thing is huge!!! You can make a whole meal of it! Crazy. Good job on the garden! I can't even keep my potted flowers alive on our porch.
Wow...way to go Big Bertha!!! Alright Kristal get busy making the 50 pound loaf of zucchini bread!!
by the way...is Megan posting on her website...invite me so I can see it!
Post a Comment